Sunday, January 3, 2010

Illustration Friday : Renewal



At work, I was drawing pictures from discarded newspapers. There, I found a picture of a woman lovingly carrying her newborn, (and new year), baby girl. Life is a cycle, just as the seasons pass from one to the other.

This drawing was completed Sunday, 1/3/09 with colored pencil and pens. It was drawn in the little journal I carry with me everywhere. I outlined everything, including shades, which gave it an interesting effect. I've been experimenting with different styles of pen drawing, and this one seems to appeal to me. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy it, and feel free to comment! I will definitely be participating in Illustration Friday more often!

4 comments:

  1. So true! Nice line work Cat! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Looking forward to seeing future Illustration Friday art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice drawing!

    Sorry for late answer. I used normal color pencils, but by the help of Photoshop I added a little contrast to it. But I'm pretty sure that with watercolor pencils I would achieve the same effect. You should try them :).

    Mes

    ReplyDelete